Rebecca S. LeGrandPartner
Rebecca LeGrand is a partner at The Kaiser Law Firm PLLC, where she represents individuals and corporations in commercial litigation, government investigations, and in the defense of white-collar criminal cases.
Rebecca has represented corporations and top executives—including CEOs, CFOs, accountants, and attorneys—as well as ordinary individuals charged with a range of federal crimes. Her corporate clients have included start-up companies, biotech firms, major accounting firms, and government contractors.
Before joining The Kaiser Law Firm, Rebecca represented both individuals and companies in high-stakes civil and criminal litigation at:
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Robbins, Russell, Englert, Orseck, Untereiner & Sauber LLP
- The Office of the Federal Public Defender for the District of Maryland
She has worked on a broad range of commercial litigation matters, including cases involving securities fraud, bank fraud, government contracts, intellectual property, unfair trade practices, and breach of contract claims.
Rebecca studied evolutionary biology and worked for two web start-up ventures before attending Yale Law School. She has applied her strong background in science and technology in complex intellectual property disputes and in marshaling scientific evidence and electronic discovery.
Rebecca’s educational background:
- J.D., Yale Law School, where she was the co-editor-in-chief of the Yale Journal of Health Policy
- M.A., Duke University in Biology
- B.S., magna cum laude with departmental honors from Brown University
Rebecca volunteers her time as a member of the Board of Directors of Universities Allied for Essential Medicines, a nonprofit organization devoted to helping to make medical innovations more affordable for those who need them most.
Rebecca has represented clients in more than a dozen state and federal courts. She is licensed to practice law in:
- The District of Columbia
- The United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- The United States District Court for the District of Maryland